Read the full article on KMOinsider
How the right ERP solution can make a world of difference
Want to give your company an extra boost? You need the right ERP software for this. How do you choose the right ERP solution for your business? Not only the right software, but also the suitable ERP partner is important. With these specific tips you will be well on your way.
Identify the problem
The range of Business software tools is very extensive. If you want to find the right solution tailored to your case, first identify your specific needs.Therefore answer these questions in advance:
- Why are you looking for a new Business software?
- What problems do you encounter and where do you want to go?
- Where are your current systems inadequate? What do you like?
- What do you want to achieve in the short and long term?
Look and listen around
It is always interesting to visit friendly companies to see which solutions they use. Nevertheless, caution is important here. After all, every situation is different. These 2 questions can help you:
- Do you opt for customization or not? Research shows that more than half of the companies wrongly opt for customization. Too much customization can lead to a loss of strength. So look for a scalable solution that can be configured for your business.
- Do you opt for a solution on-premise or in the cloud? An important tip: look for software that can easily grow with your company. Some packages are difficult to upgrade and thus slow down the growth of your company.
Prepare yourself and your company: discover how it works here
Installing an ERP takes time (both from the ERP partner and from your own employees). Consider, for example, data transfer, (trial) conversions, training and testing. Proper preparation ensures that the new system will be incorporated into your organization faster:
- Never rush an implementation; this will break you up later.
- Make good agreements with your ERP partner: prepare a clear schedule with various small deadlines.
- Test sufficiently and make timely adjustments.
- Involve different employees in the implementation and preparations. This way you ensure that the new system will be picked up faster.
Find your ideal ERP partner
Choosing the right implementation partner is vital. A partner is more than just a supplier of licenses and hardware. He thinks along with you about the future and finds out how your ERP can optimally support you.
Some concrete tips:
- To choose a partner, view its website and social media channels. A good partner will regularly organize update sessions and events to support customers.
- Search for customer stories or request a reference visit. This can help you create a picture of how an implementation is going and what the software can mean afterwards.
Do you want personal advice for your case? Then ask your question below.